Brrrr. Getting cold, isn’t it?
We’ll wager you’re burning through your logs faster than you can chop them. And no wonder. Just look at that small, blunt blade you’ve been using to split each lump in two. That will never do.
But fear not, your favourite boozy gardeners* have teamed up with hot steal tamers Wilkinson Sword to bring you an amazing winter busting, log splitting, smash-and-grab competition. The prize? No less than a mighty Wilkinson Sword Splitting Axe, with a shiny head of drop forged steal and a fibreglass, soft grip handle.
It’s so good that we used one ourselves to explain just how you should tackle the task of log splitting. And we’ll be using it for many winters to come.
How to win
To stand with a chance of winning, simply log into Twitter, make sure you are following @thirstygardener and @WSGardenTools, and retweet our splitting axe competition tweet with the hashtag #ChopChop
All names successfully completing the criteria above will go into into our ‘log basket of outrageous fortune’ and the winner will be picked out randomly on Monday 19th December 2016.
Check the Ts&Cs below, ready you lumberjack shirt and GET TWEETING!
Terms and conditions
- Entries must be submitted by midnight on Sunday 18th December 2016.
- The decision of the judges is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The winner will be drawn at random from all entries received by the closing date.
- Failure to respond and/or provide an address for delivery, or failure to meet the eligibility requirements may result in forfeiture of the prize. Should the Promoter be unable to contact the winners or should the winners be unable to accept the prizes by Wednesday 21st December, the Promoter reserves the right to award the prizes to an alternative winner, drawn in accordance with these terms and conditions.
- Entry is open to residents of the UK except employees (and their families) of the prize suppliers.
- Use of a false name or address will result in disqualification.
- Entrants must be over the age of 18 on 1st December 2016.
- Entries that are incomplete, illegible, indecipherable, or inaudible (if made by phone) will not be valid and deemed void.
- No responsibility can be accepted for entries lost, damaged or delayed in the post, or due to computer error in transit.
- The prizes are as stated, are not transferable to another individual and no cash or other alternatives will be offered.
- In the event of a prize being unavailable, the promoter reserves the right to offer an alternative prize of equal or greater value.
- The winner(s) agree(s) to the use of their name, photograph and disclosure of county of residence and will co-operate with any other reasonable requests relating to any post-winning publicity.
*Note. Booze and axes don’t mix.